Hi-Z 3 Triangular Array System
This system was designed to utilize 3 shortened antennas with Hi-Z amplifiers as a directional receiving antenna.
This new and unique circuit configuration uses Tri-Phase combining for extra accurate phasing and amplitude stability.
Hi-Z Antennas Triangular Array Systems offer six selectable directions of improved, low-noise receive performance and 30 dB front-to-back directivity for the 160, 80 and 40 meter bands, with useful reception from below the AM broadcast band through 30 MHz.
These antenna systems feature the Hi-Z Phasing Controller with a unique circuit configuration and Tri-Phase combiner that maintain system phasing accuracy and signal amplitude stability. A single delay line provides time delay phasing to take advantage of the full frequency coverage of the new Hi-Z Plus-6 Amplifiers included in these Level 2 systems. When using these receive arrays, the most apparent benefit is the ability to position the deep pattern null to any of six different directions, providing fantastic rejection of interfering signals and noise across the spectrum!
Three antenna amplifier units are each connected to the base of three ground-mounted, 18 to 24 ft. tall, vertical elements that are positioned at the corners of an equilateral triangular layout. The array verticals installed at 50 ft. spacing achieves the best three-band performance, with a minor reduction in 160 meter performance at 40 ft. spacing for greater installation flexibility. Vertical antenna elements are available separately. Performance of the entire system depends upon the accuracy of array layout and connecting cables and the effect of metal structures.
Hi-Z Antennas Triangular Array Systems are multi-band directional receive vertical arrays that fit in the smallest of areas. When well built, Hi-Z systems will outlast and outperform nearly all other low-band receiving antenna types. Hi-Z receiving systems offer excellent IMD properties so they are perfect for contesting and DXing!
Hi-Z Antennas Triangular Array six-direction receive systems include:
* One rotary Switch Selector unit with 6 LED directional indicators
* One Tri-Phase three-element Phasing Controller
* Three High-Impedance Plus-6 Amplifiers for connection to customer supplied vertical elements
* One 75 ohm delay cable, length determined by customer selected system for element spacing of either 50 or 40 ft.
* One in-line Hi-Z Antennas 75 ohm Receive Preamplifier for use at the array
* One in-line Hi-Z Antennas Transformer, 75 ohm F connector to 50 ohm BNC connector for use in-shack
* Optimized for 160, 80 and 40 meters
* Over 30 dB f/b ratio
* Covers 500 kHz to 30 MHz
* Operates on +13.8 Vdc at 250 mA
* Requires 6-conductor control cable